Fact: a single photo cannot represent the entire dynamic range of light in a scene. The picture is usually either too dark or too bright, or both. Hydra allows you to overcome this limitation by merging a number of photos with different exposure settings to create a natural image that is much closer to what your eyes actually see. Hydra can also artistically push contrasts to increase drama and emotions in your pictures beyond reality. This new version of Hydra has been optimized for the latest macOS enhancements and it provides native Metal support with maximum performance, in addition to a more modern and simpler user interface.
- Create HDR images from a set of exposures or single RAW image
- High-precision 128-bit internal format
- Tone mapping including presets & live, full-resolution preview
- Advanced comparison tool of result against original pictures
- Single or multiple input photos of various formats (JPEG, RAW, HDR, EXR)
- Blazingly fast rendering to various output file types (JPG, TIFF, HDR, EXR) and color spaces (sRGB, Pro Photo, AdobeRGB…)
- Accurate color processing, including support for Deep & Wide Color displays (30-bit, DCI-P3 display of latest iMac 27’)
- Integration with Apple Photos app (input / output)
- Manual & automatic image alignment, ghost handling, and real-time tone mapping
- Optimized for Metal
- Elegant & easy-to-use translucent user interface
- IT Enquirer:"Hydra 4 is a speed demon with a significantly faster result than other HDR apps or its predecessor.."
- Mac 360:"True HDR often has an issue with image alignment, but Hydra has both automatic and manual tomography computation options to ensure proper alignment."